Greta Thunberg sings Swedish Death Metal - UN Sept 23 speechJust passed 1 million views on our YouTube channel today, 19th October!
Global Strike 4 Future - November 29, 2019
Why I became a climate activist -- and you should, too | Luisa Neubauer | TEDxYouth@München
How dare you! Greta Thunberg Remix PLAYLIST 10 videos
Report past strike
Greta Thunberg's UN Sept 23 speech
UN Award for FFF
- Fridaysforfuture want you to only strike in a way, that you feel safe with.
- Many Fridaysforfuture strikers have a police approval for their strike.
- It is common for these approvals to only allow a quiet, sitting protest.
- A. ARZ: ActivismRiskZone is a working group aiming to support activism in risk zones. Use #ARZ_helps if a minor Human Rights violation occurs and you would like to lift awareness
B. Fridaysforfuture are unlikely to be able to provide legal support if there are problems, so FFF advises strikers to liaise with local Non Government Organisations and email Arz@fridaysforfuture.org. These NGOs, for example, Amnesty, Greenpeace, 350, WWF, usually know local lawyers, who are well versed in protest situations.
C. Recommended reading for ActivismRiskZone
- We are a peaceful and quiet striking organisation, but unfortunately we have already seen examples in some countries, where some individuals or organisations try to join a strike for the purpose of causing trouble. Please take care and prioritise your own safety.
- Fridaysforfuture recommends that all strikers at risk use anonymous style emails if you would like to be contactable from the map, e.g. FFF_happystriker@gmail.com
Read Newsletter - and sign up!
FridaysForFuture-app available here
Fridays For Future - The World Needs You
UNITY - Fridays For Future (Musicvideo)FFF in Vienna have a new anthem in English for the FFF movement. Record your version and send to FFF-Vienna to be added to a combined WORLD UNITY Fridays For Future music video! Read more here!
Here are some general guidelines:1. Fridaysforfuture want you to only strike in a way, that you feel safe with.
2. Many Fridaysforfuture strikers have a police approval for their strike.
3. It is common for these approvals to only allow for a quiet, sitting protest.
4. Fridaysforfuture are unlikely to be able to provive legal support if there are problems, so FFF advises strikers to liase with local NGOs. These NGOs usually know local lawyers, who are well versed in protest situations.
5. We are a peaceful and quiet striking organisation, but unfortunately we have already seen examples in some countries, where some individuals or organisations try to join a strike for the purpose of causing trouble. Please take care and prioritise your own safety.
Please let us know if we can help with further questions.
What is Fridays For Future?#FridaysforFuture is a peoples movement following the call from @GretaThunberg to school strike.
Why are kids striking?School children are required to attend school. But with the worsening Climate Destruction this goal of going to school begins to be pointless.
- Why study for a future, which may not be there?
- Why spend a lot of effort to become educated, when our governments are not listening to the educated?
The basics on how/when/where to strikeGreta requests that people strike infront of their closest town hall, every friday. With a sign, take a picture and post it with the hashtags
How supporters can supportMany people do not think they can strike, i.e. they are worried about their school grades. The Belgium schools all used clocks which then 'struck' and then took a picture and this was there method to strike on November 30. Other groups have other ways to find a way to strike, even churches have their bells strike! Some empathy strike. All support is welcome.
If you post your work with the hashtag #FridaysForFuture and #ClimateStrike we will be able to find and share your excellent work.
About Fridays For Future